Friday, June 5, 2009

  • I accidentally landed on 275 the other day…. I heard someone talking. Then nothing for around 20 minutes. Then I heard a Latino gentleman call CQ…. I replied and we QSO'ed for a bit…. Then in the middle of the guy's third QSO, I heard some jerk start to call CQ over him. Didn't ask if the frequency was clear or anything. When asked why he didn't follow gentleman's rules of conduct, he uttered a filthy word, made a snide comment about the guys nationality and told him that with a radio as bad as his he didn't deserve to be a ham. I broke in stated my call sign and tried to defend the guy. I know I shouldn't have but it was painful to listen to. The Latino ham moved up to 277.5 and KZ8O moved over to 277.5 and started in again Walking on the guy. [Listen to the clips!]

Shawn KD0AFK [no friend of mine, I assure you] in “The problem with the ARRL” on eHAM.net 31 Jan ‘08

No comments: